Daily ‘Abide’ in Jesus (make time to be with God)
It is so important as Christians (and even as Christian women) to spend daily time with God. Spending time in His presence “refills our cup”, gives us the grace we need to get through the day, fills us with joy, and so much more.
There are so many ways to spend time with God and abide with Him, here are a number of ways that you can spend time abiding with Jesus.
Live to love God. The whole point is to express your love for God!
- Keep His name holy
- Know His heart and want what He wants
- Strive after Him
Hope in God
- Live in the hope of being with God forever
- Have an eternal perspective
- Remember our inheritance
- Hasten the return of Christ
Faith in God
- Live one day at a time as a faithful finisher of His works
- Walk in the Spirit
- Embrace identity through Christ
Preach God’s Gospel to Yourself
- Sing to Him
- Tell God you love Him
- Bless His name
Pray to God
- ACTS – Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication
- PRAY – Praise, Remember, Ask, Yield
Read God’s Word
- Learn about God and man from the Bible
- Memorize verses and meditate on them
- Read it with a devotional (written guide by another Christian)
Rest in God’s Grace
- Be still and know that He is God
- Imagine being face to face with Him
Lock-in to the Holy Spirit
- Entrust people and works to the Holy Spirit
Build these disciplines into a practice of the presence of God.
Practice any of these with God throughout the day. (This is a habit to develop – it is NOT a replacement for time set aside to be with God).
Gather with other Christians to do these things.